- 1 cup (8 oz) of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 oz (2 full tsp) of cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsp of agave nectar or maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg
2 cups of water
If using raw cacao nibs, grind them into a powder using a coffee grinder or blender. if using cacao paste, you can easily chop and then power with a kitchen knife on a cutting bord and have it small enough to dissolve in no time
- If using cacao paste, break it into small pieces and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the almond milk or water until it's hot but not boiling.
- If using cacao paste, add it to the hot almond milk or water and whisk until fully dissolved.
- Add the agave nectar or maple syrup (if desired) and whisk again until fully incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract, sea salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the cacao mixture and whisk again until fully incorporated.
- Simmer the cacao mixture over low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve the vegan cacao in small cups, sipping slowly and mindfully to savor the flavor and experience.
Share your bliss ! Share Cacao!