Preparing a cacao ceremony is simple yet powerful, we celebrate the connection with the spirit of this sacred plant. Gather your ingredients and prepare the brew. Create a comfortable environment and set your intention for the ceremony. Connect with the cacao's energy and approach it with respect and gratitude.
- 1 1/2 oz (2 full tsp) of cacao powder
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 tsp of ground turmeric
- 1 tsp of ground cardamom
- 1-2 tbsp of honey or maple syrup (optional)
2 cups of water
If using raw cacao nibs, grind them into a powder using a coffee grinder or blender. if using cacao paste, you can easily chop and then power with a kitchen knife on a cutting bord and have it small enough to dissolve in no time
- In a saucepan, heat the water until it's hot but not boiling
- Add the cacao powder to the hot water and whisk until fully dissolved.
- Add the ginger, turmeric, and cardamom to the cacao mixture and whisk again until fully incorporated.
- Add the honey or maple syrup (if desired) and whisk again until fully incorporated.
- Simmer the cacao mixture over low heat for 10-15 minutes.