- 2 full spoons (1 1/2 oz per person) of cacao nibs or of cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsp of honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
1 cups of water
- If using raw cacao nibs, grind them into a powder using a coffee grinder or blender.
- In a saucepan, heat the water until it's hot but not boiling.
- Add the cacao powder to the hot water and whisk until fully dissolved.
- Add the honey or maple syrup (if desired) and whisk again until fully incorporated.
- Add the cinnamon and cayenne pepper (if desired) and whisk again until fully incorporated.
Serve the cacao in small cups, sipping slowly and mindfully to savor the flavor and experience.